Operating System: Google Android 4.0.3 Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 8260A Dual-Core 1.5 GHz Display:
- Padfone:4.3inches, qHD 960x540, Super AMOLED with Capacitive Multi touch panel, Scratch Resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass with HCLR Film
- Padfone Station:10.1inches, WXGA 1280x800, TFT with Capacitive Multi touch panel, Scratch Resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass with HCLR Film
Memory: 1 GB LPDDR2 RAM, 32/64GB Internal Storage, Expandable to 64/96GB (with microSD Cards) Connectivity: WLAN 802.11b/g/n (2.4Ghz) , Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR
 General Info
 Bootloader, firmware updates and wipe
To get to the bootloader, hold down the Volume - button while powering up the phone. From here you can either directly factory reset (Option 2) or go to the advanced boot loader menu (Option 1). Use the Volume + and - buttons to select the option that you want and use the power button to enter. When going to option 1 you get the follwing options: Apply update from external storage. Use this option when you download a new firmware file. Put it anywhere on a SD card and it will find it and present you the option to install the zip file. Apply update from cache is the way to go if you don't have a micro sd card. However it means you have to download the firmware file to the phone's internal memory and have the necessary free space.
 Getting root access
For ROMs : Version V184.108.40.206(SG) Version V220.127.116.11(CHT)
see thread : [thread]
For android ics 4.0.3 use this method :
@echo This is an adapted idea from the methods of
@echo Dan Rosenberg (vulnfactory.org)
@echo -Script by Bin4ry-
echo Please plug the device in ADB-Mode
echo Rename /data/local/tmp to be able to create symlink
adb shell mv /data/local/tmp /data/local/tmp.old
echo Trying to create /data symlink
adb shell ln -s /data /data/local/tmp
echo Waiting for device to reboot
adb shell rm /data/local.prop > nul
echo Trying to write qemu value to prop-file
adb shell "echo \"ro.kernel.qemu=1\" > /data/local.prop"
echo Waiting for device to reboot again
echo Try to remount /system
echo Pushing su and Superuser.apk
adb push su /system/bin/su
adb shell chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/Superuser.apk
echo Cleanup of the Stuff created while running
adb shell rm /data/local.prop
adb shell rm /data/local/tmp
adb shell mv /data/local/tmp.old /data/local/tmp
adb reboot cd .. pause echo Reboot and done ;) Have fun!
there have been two official ROM's for the PadFone. The original ROM that was put on there at first release. On June 14th 2012 the firmware upgrade V18.104.22.168 was released OTA. This firmware is downloadable from http://www.asus.com/Mobile/PadFone/#download
As of June 30th there are no custom roms released for the PadFone.
- To recover your phone, go to the Asus PadFone download website: http://www.asus.com/Mobile/PadFone/#download.
- Hit Android as an operating system and unfold the firmware section.
- Download the appropriate file and save it to your SD card.
- Power off the phone
- While holding vol - power it back up.
- Select option 21 (Enter SD download mode) and hit power
- Select apply update from external storage
- select the firmware file that you downloaded and install it
- When switching between firmwares it is a good idea to also select and execute "wipe data/factory reset"
 Extra Storage
SD cards used with Padfone
Sandisk MicroSDXC 64GB Class U1 NTFS in SD card adaptor inserted into SD card reader on keyboard. NTFS Useable without root
Sandisk MicroSDXC 64GB Class U1 NTFS inserted in micro sdxc card reader inserted into keyboard left USB slot. NTFS Useable without root
Kingston MicroSD 32GB Class 10 FAT32 in padfone micro SD card slot. NTFS not useable in padfone without root
TREK Diva 160GB 1.8" portable HDD NTFS. Lower power consumption as compared to 2.5" HDD so that the padfone battery life doesn't take too big a hit.